Microsoft has released a new firmware update for its Surface Pro 2 tablet, following a December update that didn’t work out too well for users. The new update, first reported by Mary Jo Foley at ZDNet, contains a fix for issues that sprung up with the December release. Those issues included a noticeable drop in battery life for those who were able to install it. Many other users were unable to install it at all.
The December 2013 update offered:
- Improved system stability, including when minimizing full screen games.
- Updated Wi-Fi driver for improved wireless display and connectivity with wireless access points.
- Improved Surface Cover interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.
- Color fidelity improvements for all applications.
- Optimized two-finger trackpad use.
- Enhanced audio experience when connected to a Display Port 1.2 device.
Microsoft pulled the December update soon after release when reports of dramatically shortened battery life started spreading.
via Ars Technica http://ift.tt/1mqH0Wx